Table of Contents
- 1 How long do male Shelties live?
- 2 What do Shelties usually die from?
- 3 How many years does a pitbull live?
- 4 Do Shelties like to cuddle?
- 5 How old is my 11 year old Sheltie?
- 6 Why did my 4 year old Sheltie have a stroke?
- 7 Why did my Sheltie lose his undercoat?
- 8 How often does a Sheltie have to go into heat?
How long do male Shelties live?
Shelties will typically live 11 to 15 years with proper care. Shelties innately herd so you must be careful your sheltie does not put himself in danger by herding cars or larger animals without supervision.
What do Shelties usually die from?
What do Shelties usually die from? Cancer is a leading cause of death in older dogs. Your Sheltie will likely live longer than many other breeds and therefore is more prone to get cancer in his golden years. Many cancers are cured by surgically removing them, and some types are treatable with chemotherapy.
How many years does a pitbull live?
American Pit Bull Terrier: 8 – 15 years
American Staffordshire Terrier: 12 – 16 yearsStaffordshire Bull Terrier: 12 – 14 years
Do Shelties like to cuddle?
Shelties Are Loving The perfect sized lapdog, many Shelties love to cuddle in your lap and enjoy hours of stroking and belly rubs.
How old is my 11 year old Sheltie?
27. I have an 11-year-old female Sheltie. The vet is currently treating her for collitis due to blood in her stool 26. My 16-year-old Sheltie will only eat certain food and has had behavior changes in the past 6 months. 25.
Why did my 4 year old Sheltie have a stroke?
Our 4-year-old Sheltie had a stroke (FCE) as a result of a spinal chord injury she suffered 12. I just purchased a dog house for Shelby, my 5-month-old Sheltie. She is very hesitant 11. My question is this: How do you teach an old dog new tricks?
Why did my Sheltie lose his undercoat?
My sheltie is 11 and never had any problems, but about a month ago he lost his entire undercoat over the course of a few weeks. I had him tested for thyroid abnormalities, which was negative, but it seems odd that he should lose his undercoat like this.
How often does a Sheltie have to go into heat?
Can a small Sheltie, 12 lbs., be trained to keep wild Canadian geese off the grass and in ponds. [updated 7/18/01] 28. My female Sheltie, whom I want to breed, has only gone into heat every 10-11 months.