What to look for after baby falls down stairs?
- Your baby loses consciousness.
- Your baby immediately begins vomiting.
- Discharge or blood is coming out of your baby’s nose or ears.
- The soft spot (fontanelle) on their skull begins to swell.
- There are signs of a skull fracture (bruising, swelling of head, bleeding, cut on the scalp)
What happens if my puppy falls down the stairs?
If your dog fell down the stairs and is now limping or if you suspect that your dog has broken bones, they will need special care when moved: The fall and consequently broken bones may also cause the rupture of the bladder, in which case your dog could be unable to urinate or pass the stools.
What to watch for after dog falls down stairs?
Even if you don’t see your pet take a tumble, you should be suspicious of a fall if you note the following signs:
- Reluctance to stand or walk.
- Pain when lying down or rising.
- Stiff gait.
- Difficulty breathing.
- Decreased appetite or difficulty apprehending food.
How do you know if a baby is OK after a fall?
If your child fell on their back or neck, or hit their head, we suggest that you seek emergency pediatric trauma care if they have any of the following symptoms: Severe neck or back pain. Inability to move a body part. Weakness, tingling, or numbness in chest, arms or legs.
How long should you monitor a baby after a fall?
Watch the child carefully for 24 hours after a head injury to see whether he or she develops any signs of a serious head injury.
Why is my dog afraid of the stairs?
Cause of a Fear of Going Up and Down Stairs The majority of dogs who are afraid of stairs develop the fear because of a lack of early exposure. In some instances, a dog may develop a fear of stairs from a traumatic experience. For example, a dog who falls down the stairs may be left with a phobia of climbing stairs.
Should I let my baby sleep after a fall?
After a knock to the head, young children are often sleepy, especially if they have cried a lot or it is getting near to a nap time. If the child seemed well after the bump to the head, it is OK to let them go to sleep.
How can I tell if a head injury is mild or severe?
What are the symptoms of a head injury?
- Mild head injury: Raised, swollen area from a bump or a bruise. Small, superficial (shallow) cut in the scalp.
- Moderate to severe head injury (requires immediate medical attention)–symptoms may include any of the above plus: Loss of consciousness.