Can Girl Scout cookies kill dogs?

Can Girl Scout cookies kill dogs?

Excessive prolonged consumption can lead to obesity, diabetes and heart disease, while a sudden shock exposure of chocolate scout cookies to a dog’s digestive system can cause pancreatitis- a serious, life-threatening condition.

What happens if my dog eats Girl Scout cookies?

That amount of chocolate in the cookies is probably not enough to do much harm but watch your dog for signs of staggering, imbalance, and seizures. If any of these occur, get your dog in to see your vet immediately.

What should I do if my dog ate a chocolate chip cookie?

If your adult Lab just ate a small square of milk chocolate, a cupcake with some chocolate icing, or a chocolate chip cookie, there is no need to panic. The chances are this is not a medical emergency. If your dog is small, or ate much more chocolate than that, you should take action.

What happens if a dog eats 6 oz of chocolate?

It depends partly on how much that dog weighs. For example, if a 60 pound Labrador ate 6 oz of milk chocolate, the risk of illness is low. In smaller dogs, eating chocolate is more serious. The same quantity might well kill a dog weighing 15 lbs or less.

Can a dog have a sneaky nibble of chocolate?

Dogs can have a sneaky nibble of chocolate, and you wont even notice any change to their health, behavior or except for being windy and those doggie farts can stink like hell. Why chocolate has earned a reputation with dogs is simply because, in addition to having a high-fat content, chocolate also contains caffeine and theobromine.

What should I do if my dog ate a Hershey bar?

Don’t just ignore the fact that your dog scoffed a load of Hershey bars. There is a possibility that he or she could need medical attention within the next hour or so. Dark chocolate is the most dangerous type of chocolate for your dog. So, if your puppy has eaten dark chocolate, call your vet’s office right now and let them know.