Is the deodorant Milo ate poisonous to dogs?

Is the deodorant Milo ate poisonous to dogs?

We’re not sure how much Milo ate, we think very little. My daughter called the ASPC in Los Angeles where she has the dog and they said the deodorant was listed as not toxic, they said to watch him though in case he vomits. This happened within the last 1 1/2 hours, he did not eat through the plastic, but managed to get the plastic lid to come off.

What happens if your dog eats a lot of deodorant?

I totally agree – deodorant it considered non-toxic! PHEW!! It can cause gastrointestinal problems like vomiting or diarrhea over the next 24 hours, though this is more likely if he ate a lot of it. That does not sound like it is the case, so you probably have nothing to worry about. 1. WITH-HOLD FOOD for 12 hours if there is any vomiting.

What should I Feed my Puppy after he ate deodorant?

For a dog this size that means about 1/4 to 1/2 cup an hour. It is important that you do offer these fluids that have calories in them as low blood sugar is a problem in small dogs. 3. After 12 hours, you can start your dog back on a bland diet. For patients that I see, I recommend a mixture of 75% cooked white rice, and 25% low fat protein.

What should I give my Puppy when he vomits?

WITH-HOLD FOOD for 12 hours if there is any vomiting. This gives the intestines a chance to rest and heal. 2. When he is fasting, Milo can have lots of clear fluids. So, water is fine, but also he can have pedialyte, Gatorade, apple juice diluted 50:50 with water, or chicken or beef broth diluted 50:50 with water.

We’re not sure how much Milo ate, we think very little. My daughter called the ASPC in Los Angeles where she has the dog and they said the deodorant was listed as not toxic, they said to watch him though in case he vomits. This happened within the last 1 1/2 hours, he did not eat through the plastic, but managed to get the plastic lid to come off.

What happens if a dog eats a deodorant container?

The main concern is if the dog eats the plastic container as well, which Toby did not. So, that is great! When dogs eat antiperspirants/deodorants, they get gastrointestinal upsets with vomiting and or diarrhea as a result. If Toby vomited all the deodorant up, then he may avoid the diarrhea.

For a dog this size that means about 1/4 to 1/2 cup an hour. It is important that you do offer these fluids that have calories in them as low blood sugar is a problem in small dogs. 3. After 12 hours, you can start your dog back on a bland diet. For patients that I see, I recommend a mixture of 75% cooked white rice, and 25% low fat protein.

Can a dog eat an antiperspirant container?

So, the good news is that antiperspirants and deodorants are not considered toxic in dogs. The main concern is if the dog eats the plastic container as well, which Toby did not. So, that is great!